top of page


What is the Hall's layout?

Here's a PDF of the upper and lower levels.

Do you have any sample seating arrangements?

Yes, here's a PDF.

How can I reserve a date?

A signed contract and refundable security deposit will hold the space for your event. Payment can be made via check, credit card or cash.


What dates and times are available?

Please refer to our calendar for availability. There is a 2 hour minimum during the week, and a 5 hour minimum Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Amplified audio needs to end by 11 pm. Please use our contact form to send an inquiry.


What is your policy on food?

You can use the caterer of your choice or bring in food yourself. You can offer an open bar, or procure a Howard County liquor license for a cash bar.

Does the Hall provide any items for our use?

Yes, the Hall has approximately 20 plastic 6'x30" folding tables and 140 plastic folding chairs that renters can use indoors. We do not have tablecloths. We also have three metal trellises that can be used as a backdrop. Details on these and other items are here.

Who is responsible for my event setup and cleanup?

You are. The setup and cleanup must be included in the time you rent. Your access to the Hall, including for drop-off/pick-up of rental items, is limited to the time you have rented. You are responsible for returning the space you rent to the condition it was in when you arrived. This includes returning tables and chairs to their original locations and sweeping, vacuuming and mopping. Our Event Monitor will assist you in locating what you need, and will set out one trash and one recycling can for you. You are responsible for taking out the trash, taking excess trash that doesn't fit in those cans with you, and for cleaning up any trash left on the premises. We provide cleaning supplies and trash bags.


What is not permitted?

Use of glitter, confetti, rice, or other difficult-to-remove items as decoration is prohibited. No tape or other adhesive material, tacks, or staples are permitted on any surfaces, including the floor, walls and furniture. (Renters should bring string or zip ties for securing decorations.) Candles must be inside an enclosure such as a Hurricane-style holder to protect the flame.

Why do I need to purchase event insurance for my event?
The Hall's insurance policy does not cover rentals. Event insurance (which provides coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and personal injuries to third parties at your event) is easy to obtain through homeowners/renters insurance policies (as an addition to the personal liability coverage) or through online providers (google "event insurance"). For the latter, two options renters often use are and Costs can vary, but seem to average around $100-$125. You are required to provide us with a valid Certificate of Event Insurance in the name of the person/organization renting before your event can take place. The coverage must be for at least $1 million in general liability insurance naming Carroll Baldwin Memorial Institute, Inc. as an additional insured. In addition, if you are making use of any service providers for your event, such as caterers or entertainment, they must also provide us with proof of their event insurance covering the day of the rental as described above.

Are there instructions for your sound system?

Yes, here's a PDF.

Who will be our contact person?

Our Hall Manager is the contact person for questions prior to the day of the event. Our Event Monitor will meet you at the Hall to open doors, assist with locating what you need, and do a walk-through at the end. He/she will be at the Hall during your event, and can be located in the lower-level office.

bottom of page